Vision Statement: Students, educators, and scientists learn together doing radio astronomy.
By joining the GAVRT radio astronomy team, you and your students will:
- Work together with students and professional scientists from around the world to uncover new knowledge about the universe.
- Join a partnership with NASA, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), and the Lewis Center for Educational Research (LCER).
- Join a science team open to all.
- Remotely control a 34-meter radio telescope belonging to NASA’s Deep Space Network (DSN) from your school site.
- Access existing and future curricula developed in alignment with A Framework for K-12 Science and the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Receive support from LCER and JPL every step of the way - from the initial training through making sense of your collected data.
- Learn to think like a scientist.
- Contribute to the scientific body of knowledge.