Technical Requirements for Schools participating in current & future projects & campaigns:
- A high resolution monitor (1024x768 or higher) is preferred.
- A computer with at least 128 MB RAM and a 1 GHz processor.
- An Internet connection with a minimum speed of 256 Kbps.
- Computers must also have Sun's Java Run Time environment (version 1.4.2 or greater), available from from www.java.com, as well as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater.
- Our software runs via a web-based Java VNC application. The computer MUST be able to access TCP ports 80 and 443.
- Schools unable to meet the hardware or software requirements may still be able to connect using a stand-alone VNC viewer application (available from www.tightvnc.com/download.html), however, the network requirements are the same. Macintosh users running < OS X will encounter problems and are not supported.
- Participating school must provide phone connection (speaker phone preferred) for voice communication with Mission Control at GAVRT OCC.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
or call (760) 946-5414 x262.