Teachers can complete online training for free at your own pace. Training consists of 4 modules with topics such as Jupiter, Juno, Quasars, and operation of the Radio Telescope. To participate please email email@example.com
for account creation.
On-Site Training Fees
Training Package ($995)
- Fee includes 5-day teacher training, all necessary operation and curriculum materials, minimum six hours scheduled classroom on-line with GAVRT telescope, and field trip to NASA's Deep Space Network at Goldstone, CA (CA training location only).
What other costs will each participant be responsible for?
- Absence coverage (substitute teacher) for participating teacher during training when necessary
- Travel expenses
- Lodging - Room rates range between $75 - $130 per night, meals range from $30 - $55 per day
- Air transportation to and from Apple Valley, CA (Ontario International Airport is the closest airport to Apple Valley)
- Ground transportation / rental vehicle
- Personal incidental expenses
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (760) 946-5414 x262.