Participants are assumed to possess the ability to:
- Participant must be currently teaching in a K-12 classroom.
- Participant must be interested in participating in a radio astronomy science project.
- Participant must be self-motivated.
- Participant must be a team player.
- Participant must have an interest in math and science.
- Participant must have an email account.
- Participant must have principal's (site administrator) signed commitment to project.
- Participant must have School District's signed commitment to project.
- Participant will satisfy ALL prerequisites prior to this training.
Operate a PC computer system (basic computer literacy)
- Open and close files
- Send and receive e-mail
- Browse the Internet
- Basic experience in working with spreadsheets (Excel)
- Have a working knowledge of networking and software installation OR have support of school/district technology representative for setup assistance.
It is recommended participant download, read and complete quizzes from "Basics of Radio Astronomy" (download from http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/radioastronomy/
For more information, contact email@example.com
or call (760) 946-5414 ext. 262