The GAVRT project is a partnership between NASA/JPL and the Lewis Center for Educational Research which strives to inspire and educate students through their active contribution to professional science.
Students, educators, and scientists learn together doing radio astronomy.
By joining the GAVRT radio astronomy team, you and your students will:
- Work together with students and professional scientists from around the world to uncover new knowledge about the universe.
- Join a partnership with NASA, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), and the Lewis Center for Educational Research (LCER).
- Join a science team open to all.
- Remotely control a 34-meter radio telescope belonging to NASA’s Deep Space Network (DSN) from your school site.
- Access existing and future curricula developed in alignment with A Framework for K-12 Science and the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Receive support from LCER and JPL every step of the way - from the initial training through making sense of your collected data.
- Learn to think like a scientist.
- Contribute to the scientific body of knowledge.